Friday, October 08, 2004

Alone

I am alone here. This place is as foreign as Mount Kilimanjaro. I have a beloved somewhere in the world. My beloved thinks of me, I am sure. In this moment, I am alone. I possess neither wisdom, nor commonsense nor sage advice nor courage. I am a student, learning life's cruel lessons which will never have the dignity to present themselves twice. I am not a writer, whose prose flow like wine, nor a poet with words that rhyme. I am a soul alone. I know sadness. He is a friend of mine. And joy stops in for the occasional visit. I hope to become enlightened one day, with life's precious gift of seeing... to stand in a brook and feel each flow of water different from the last. Perhaps, if I close my eyes, it will find me. I wish to be the hooded traveller under a papermoon, in a cardboard sky.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paddy said...

Nice Jot! Way to Start a Blog!!
Keep the Faith...

Sunday, October 10, 2004 8:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home