Sunday, October 10, 2004

Can you not see?

I do not do what you do. I sit, poised, ready to mystify, but after all I am thinking. Can you not see that I am not of that breed? I am not such a creature. I am a chameleon. And an extremely good one. I have you fooled. And him. Everyone is partaking in this great and wonderous farce. And after all, what am I really?

I am a thinker.

That has been my lot in life. I say it with contempt as my lip curls up and I feel, ironically, I feel from my heart, sadness and longing for something I can never have. I'll never have it, Moon. I'll gaze up at you in wonder and watch a connection unfold between the two of you that I will never be a part of and I shall keep my fingers crossed that my thinking, cloaked in feeling will continue to appeal to him as I do everything in my power to convince him I feel as he does. As you do.

I am crying so bitterly at the thought of missing this boat. I want passage on it so badly. But like the thinker in me, the fighter persists as I shove on my smile and thrust my hand up in fond farewell.

1 Comments:

Blogger TirĂ©sias said...

I can't help but relate to your words. You too, write wonderfully. I feel like I'm looking through a window that opens to the dreams and the thoughts of someone, someone that is actually living and breathing somewhere, someone I will never meet. It's like meeting a character of a novel, because except for this shadow you cast formed with words, I have no other proof of your existence.

Still, since you are a human being, I know we are made from the same water and the same star dust. The same mysterious power that make our hearts beat.

So a part of me was touched by your words. Because without knowing why, I feel they could have come through my own mind.

What are you longing for, Papermoon?

Is it that flame that makes you not just watch and think, but live, too?

Monday, October 11, 2004 2:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home