Monday, April 18, 2005

tethered

I find myself without questions. I find myself without quest. Years of asking 'what if' and 'what about' has left me... not uninquisitive, but rather... content in my not knowing. I no longer try to figure out what will come for me. I no longer wish to inflict my vision on the world. I only wish to be among it.

I used to engage in the office of orchestrating my life in as many aspects as I could. My personal life was encapsulated in an iron-clad agenda, one with fail-safe's and stop-gaps to ensure there was always something and someone on the docket. Now I see it was an attempt to keep from ever getting to know me. Being alone will do that. Being alone used to be the enemy.

It's been a little while now. Probably not much compared to others. And I do find myself wondering how long it will be before I once again see the world like never before... I am tethered to quiet reassurance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home