Thursday, June 16, 2005

Survey says!

I followed the path of a meaningless survey today... I patiently answered the questions, knowing that my answers and the results meant nothing to me or my life, and yet I answered them anyway... This one was about the color of my heart. I guess someone assigned colors to emotional and spiritual states. When my eyes flickered across one of the questions that contained the word 'excepting' as opposed to 'accepting', as the latter, the context of the statement clearly called for... I found myself wondering who creates these surveys, why people create these surveys and why people participate in them. The answer I came up with was that sharing the results with others was like striking up a conversation in search of commonality. We're looking to belong. We're looking to be loved. Turns out, my heart was red. And the result assigned to that color was a rather general answer, one that mentioned I was either in love or ready for it. This made me laugh as the way I see it, every human being is ready for love. Maybe I will go back and answer the questions differently so as to gaze upon other heart colors and see what this spelling challenged person thinks of green and blue and black and pink...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home